Terms and Conditions
By accessing the A Bit of Advice web site (the "Site") you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below.
1. No Warranty or Representation. While A Bit of Advice uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, your use and browsing of the Site is at your risk. Nothing in the Site, including product or service information, shall add to or change any contract for products or services you may have with A Bit of Advice, its suppliers or affiliates. Neither A Bit of Advice, its alliance partners, suppliers, affiliates nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or other damages whatsoever including business interruption, loss of use, data, information, profits (regardless of the form of action, including but not limited to contract, negligence or other tortious act) arising out of or in connection with your access or use of the Site even if A Bit of Advice has been advised of or foresees the possibility of any damages occurring. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR INTER-OPERABILITY OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. Changes or updates to the contents of this Site may occur without notice.
2. Product Warranties. Without limiting the foregoing, all products are provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DURABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR INTER-OPERABILITY OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. Changes or updates to the contents of this Site may occur without notice.
3. Refunds and Exchanges. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
4. Refusal of Service. A Bit of Advice reserves the right to refuse service to any customer or user of our services at any time for any reason, and at our sole discretion.
5. Use of Information. You hereby agree that you shall not use any information contained in this Site or the links to this Site in any claims, proceedings, suits or actions against A Bit of Advice, its suppliers or affiliates. You may not post, publish, reproduce, transmit or otherwise distribute information or material on the Site: (a) constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability; (b) which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property right or derivative works thereof, without obtaining permission of the copyright holder; (c) otherwise use this Site in a way that is contrary to law or which would adversely impact use of the Site or the Internet by other users including the posting or transmitting of other information or software containing viruses or other disruptive components.
6. Linkage. This Site may contain links to other web sites that are not under the control of A Bit of Advice and A Bit of Advice is not responsible for and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. It is your responsibility to verify any information contained within the links before relying on it. Also, the information contained in the links may be changed or updated at any time without notice. A Bit of Advice provides links to you only as a convenience and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by A Bit of Advice of the linked site. Your use of the linked sites may be subject to terms and conditions contained in these web sites, which you should locate and review.
7. Monitoring. A Bit of Advice is under no obligation to monitor the Site and assumes no responsibility or liability should its content be modified or altered in any way without A Bit of Advice's consent.
8. Revisions. A Bit of Advice may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions each time you access the Site.
9. Product Descriptions. A Bit of Advice attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, A Bit of Advice does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
10. Site Policies. Please review our other policies such as Copyright and Privacy posted on the Site. These policies also govern your visit to this Site.
11. Customer Information. You acknowledge that you have read the A Bit of Advice Privacy Commitment (as it may be updated from time to time) (the "A Bit of Advice Privacy Commitment") and hereby consent to the collection, use and disclosure by A Bit of Advice and its agents of your personal information (whether previously collected or to be collected) for the purposes identified in the A Bit of Advice Privacy Commitment.
12. Viruses, etc.. A Bit of Advice assumes no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text or images from the Site.
13. Right of Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold A Bit of Advice, its suppliers, alliance partners, affiliates and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees related to any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or in connection with your use of the Site or with the placement or transmission of any message or information on the Site by you.
14. Waiver. A Bit of Advice's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or rights contained in these Terms and Conditions.
15. Governing Laws. By visiting the Site, you agree that these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of Washington and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein and you agree to be bound by the laws of these jurisdictions.
16. Prices. All prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and do not include applicable taxes or shipping and handling.
17. No Solicitation. The Site and the information contained herein does not constitute an offer or a solicitation of an offer for the purchase or sale of any securities.
18. Territory. The Site originates in the United States of America. A Bit of Advice's products and services are offered in A Bit of Advice's operating state. Some products and services referred to on the Site may not be available in parts of A Bit of Advice's operating territory or may not be compatible with party line services.
19. Payments. A Bit of Advice uses a 'bill ahead' system which requires pre-payment for products and services. Invoices for monthly and contract services will be mailed out at the end of each month. Please send check or money order in the return envelope that will be provided to the address specified. Checks should be made out to 'A Bit of Advice'. Do NOT send cash. A Bit of Advice is NOT responsible for payments lost in the mail. Cash payments can be made IN-PERSON, but by appointment only, so please call ahead. You will have 10 days to pay the bill, after which a late fee equal to one month's service will be assessed. After 30 days of nonpayment, services will cease and additional fees will be assessed to restart service. A security deposit may also be required at that time.
20. Credit Verification. A Bit of Advice reserves the right to obtain credit verification reports for the purposes of determining customer account eligibility. In some cases deposits may be required in advance of services being provided.
21. Returned or NSF Checks. Checks that are returned by the bank for insufficeint funds will be assessed a $100 fee for each check. Services will cease. Products will be returned. Further relations will be terminated.
22. Appointments. A Bit of Advice provides on-site consulting as a matter of convience. Appointments must be cancelled or rescheduled 24 hours prior. Failure to do so will result in additional fees. If a consultant arrives on-site and is not met, the consultant will only wait 10 minutes before leaving and you will be billed the hourly minimum and travel time to and from the site.
23. Expenses. ALL travel related expenses (travel time, air fare, hotel, car rental, parking, food, etc.) are billable expenses. Prepayment for expenses may be required.